Boult Bros. was founded by Ben Boults father Bill (William George) and Stan (Stanley George) Boult in 1943. This became Corley Conversions in 1947 when Stan left and formed Armson and Boult, a tool and gauge manufacturing company.

Corley Conversions originated from the then location at Corley Moor near Meriden. They specialised in the design, development and construction of racing cars and invalid carriages. Bill downsized the company in 1958 due to health reasons and became advisor to the Health Service on invalid mobility. Corley Conversions continued to trade part time building race engines, preparing and competing in 750 and 1172 Formula racing cars.

Ben Boult worked with his father from 1957 building cars and engines. He raced Karts until 1961 when the family started their own Racing team. Bill ,Sue (Bens mother), and Ben raced in the 750 Formula and achieved a Class Win in the International Six Hour Relay Race at Silverstone in 1964. Bills health declined and he passed away in 1968.

Ben Boult served his apprenticeship from 1960-65 at Humber Hillman. He was responsible for Power Train development within the Experimental Dept. until its closure by the Talbot Motor Co. in 1980. He had worked on the Imp power train from conception thru’ completion.

Corley Conversions became a full time business again to support Ben whilst he converted his Engineering Degree into a Post Graduate Certificate of Education.

Ben obtained the Imp stock from Chesman Engineering with a view to running Corley Conversions full time during his retirement from teaching.
Electric Water Pumps - 998 & 1040 Piston Ring Sets (new type) - New Manufacture Gearbox Mountings - Heavy Duty Competition Rotaflex Couplings - Competition Rotaflex bolts - Various short or full 930, 960, 998, 1040 cc engines, fully rebuilt. Various R20, R21, R23 new and used cams and carriers in stock, call for details: 01926-612432